Acids, Bases and pH – Worksheet
Worksheet to accompany the lesson.
Click cover for full preview. Scroll down for product information.
- This worksheet covers:
- Definition of acid
- Definition of base
- Common acids and bases around the home
- Common laboratory acids: hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid, nitric acid, acetic acid
- Common laboratory bases: metal hydroxides, metal oxides, metal carbonates, metal hydrogen carbonates
- Strong and weak acids and bases
- Concentrated and dilute acids and bases
- Unit outline.
- Cloze activity (fill in the blanks).
- Short-answer questions.
- Extension questions.
- Topics for further research.
- Teacher version containing complete answers.
- Aligned to the Australian Year 9 Science curriculum.
- 13 pages.
- By the end of this worksheet students will be able to:
- ☑ Define acid and base.
- ☑ Describe some of the properties and uses of acids and bases.
- ☑ Give examples of acids and bases found around the home.
- ☑ Give examples of common laboratory acids and bases.
- ☑ Identify a laboratory acid or base from its name or formula.
- ☑ Describe acidic, alkaline and neutral solutions in terms of H+ ions and OH– ions.
- ☑ Distinguish between strong and weak acids and bases.
- ☑ Distinguish between concentrated and dilute acids and bases.
This resource is also included in the.