Atoms, Elements and Compounds – Worksheet
Worksheet to accompany the lesson.
Click cover for full preview. Scroll down for product information.
- This worksheet covers revision of Year 9 content:
- Pure substances
- Chemical Subunits
- Chemical bonds
- Atomic Structure
- Atomic number
- Mass number
- Electron Configuration
- Shell-filling rules
- Valence shell and valence electrons
- Unit outline.
- Cloze activity (fill in the blanks).
- Short-answer questions.
- Table-completing questions.
- Teacher version containing complete answers.
- Aligned to the Australian Year 9-10 Science curriculum.
- 10 pages.
- By the end of this worksheet students will be able to:
- ☑ Explain what an atom is.
- ☑ Describe the subatomic structure of atoms, including protons, neutrons, electrons, nucleus and electron shells.
- ☑ Define atomic number and mass number.
- ☑ Explain what isotopes are.
- ☑ Describe the distribution of mass and electric charge within an atom.
- ☑ Explain how electrons shells are filled.
- ☑ Write the electron configuration of the first 20 elements.
- ☑ Define valence shell and valence electron.
- ☑ Describe a molecule and a lattice.
- ☑ Compare an atom and an ion.
- ☑ Define element and compound.
- ☑ Describe the arrangement of atoms in elements and compounds.
- ☑ Identify the type and ratio of atoms in a compound, based on its formula.
This resource is also included in the.