Atoms in Elements and Compounds – Worksheet
- This worksheet covers:
- Chemical bonds
- Pure substances
- Unit outline.
- Cloze activity (fill in the blanks).
- Short-answer questions.
- Extension questions.
- Topics for further research.
- Teacher version containing complete answers.
- Aligned to the Australian Year 9 Science curriculum.
- 8 pages.
- By the end of this worksheet students will be able to:
- ☑ Define a pure substance in terms of its composition.
- ☑ Distinguish between an element and a compound.
- ☑ Distinguish between an atom, a molecule and a lattice.
- ☑ Give examples of elements composed of individual atoms.
- ☑ Give examples of elements composed of molecules.
- ☑ Give examples of elements composed of lattices.
- ☑ Give examples of compounds composed of molecules.
- ☑ Give examples of compounds composed of lattices.
- ☑ Draw diagrams to illustrate the arrangement of atoms in elements and compounds.
This resource is also included in the.