Chromosomes, Diploid Cells and Haploid Cells – Worksheet
Worksheet to accompany the lesson.
Click cover for full preview. Scroll down for product information.
- This worksheet covers:
- Biological function of chromosomes
- Composition and location of chromosomes
- Haploid and diploid cells
- Haploid number and diploid number
- Sex cells and body cells
- Egg cells and sperm cells in animals
- Ovules and pollen grains in plants
- Homologous pairs, maternal chromosomes and paternal chromosomes
- Sex chromosomes and autosomal chromosomes
- Biological sex determination in humans
- Influence of sperm cells on sex of offspring
- Unit outline.
- Cloze activity (fill in the blanks).
- Short-answer questions.
- Extension questions.
- Topics for further research.
- Teacher version containing complete answers.
- Aligned to the Australian Year 10 Science curriculum.
- 6 pages.
- By the end of this worksheet students will be able to:
- ☑ Explain what chromosomes are.
- ☑ Describe the composition of chromosomes and their location in cells.
- ☑ Distinguish between haploid cells and diploid cells and give the general name for each type.
- ☑ Name the male and female haploid cells in animals and plants.
- ☑ Explain what homologous chromosomes are and differentiate between maternal and paternal chromosomes.
- ☑ Use haploid or diploid number to determine the number of chromosomes in particular cells.
- ☑ Distinguish between sex chromosomes and autosomal chromosomes.
- ☑ State the number of chromosomes in haploid and diploid cells in humans.
- ☑ Explain how sex chromosomes determine biological sex in humans.
- ☑ Explain how male sperm cells determine the sex of offspring in humans.
This resource is also included in the.