Combustion and Corrosion – Worksheet
Worksheet to accompany the lesson.
Click cover for full preview. Scroll down for product information.
- This worksheet covers:
- Oxidation reactions
- Corrosion of metals and preventing corrosion
- Combustion of hydrocarbons
- Complete and incomplete combustion
- Combustion of metals
- Uses of combustion
- Fossil fuel combustion and global warming
- Comparing combustion and corrosion
- Unit outline.
- Cloze activity (fill in the blanks).
- Short-answer questions.
- Extension questions.
- Topics for further research.
- Teacher version containing complete answers.
- Aligned to the Australian Year 9 Science curriculum.
- 8 pages.
- By the end of this worksheet students will be able to:
- ☑ Define oxidation, corrosion and combustion.
- ☑ Write the general chemical equation for a corrosion reaction between a metal and oxygen.
- ☑ Write the general chemical equation for complete combustion of hydrocarbons.
- ☑ Differentiate between complete and incomplete combustion.
- ☑ Give examples of combustion reactions involving metals.
- ☑ Discuss the link between combustion and global warming.
- ☑ Describe methods for preventing the corrosion of metals.
- ☑ Compare combustion and corrosion, including speed of reaction and energy.
This resource is also included in the.