Density of Solids, Liquids and Gases – Worksheet
- This worksheet covers:
- Defining density
- Calculating density
- Regular solids
- Irregular solids
- Comparing densities of solids, liquids and gases
- Density layering
- Effect of temperature on density
- Effect of pressure on density of gases
- Unit outline.
- Cloze activity (fill in the blanks).
- Short-answer questions.
- Calculation questions.
- Extension questions.
- Topics for further research.
- Teacher version containing complete answers.
- Aligned to the Australian Year 8 Science curriculum.
- 8 pages.
- By the end of this worksheet students will be able to:
- ☑ Describe density.
- ☑ Express density as a mathematical relationship between mass and volume.
- ☑ Calculate the density of regular and irregular solids.
- ☑ Describe and explain the layering of substances with different densities.
- ☑ Explain how temperature and pressure can affect the density of a substance.
This resource is also included in the.