Determining the Formula for Ionic Compounds – Worksheet
- This worksheet covers:
- Ionic formulas as ratios
- Balancing charge in ionic formulas
- ‘Drag-and-drop’ method – monatomic ions
- ‘Drag-and-drop’ method – polyatomic ions
- Unit outline.
- Detailed instructions and examples.
- Table-completing questions.
- Teacher version containing complete answers.
- Aligned to the Australian Year 9 Science curriculum.
- 5 pages.
- By the end of this worksheet students will be able to:
- ☑ State the ratio of positive and negative ions in an ionic compound.
- ☑ Describe how ionic compounds have no overall charge.
- ☑ Write the formula for ionic compounds containing only monatomic ions.
- ☑ Write the formula for ionic compounds containing polyatomic ions.
This resource is also included in the.