Electromagnetic Radiation – Worksheet
Worksheet to accompany the lesson.
Click cover for full preview. Scroll down for product information.
- This worksheet covers:
- Definition of an electromagnetic wave
- Properties of electromagnetic waves
- The electromagnetic spectrum
- Radio waves
- Infrared light
- Visible light
- Ultraviolet light
- Gamma rays
- Ionising and non-ionising radiation
- Natural sources of electromagnetic radiation
- Practical applications of electromagnetic radiation
- Unit outline.
- Cloze activity (fill in the blanks).
- Short-answer questions.
- Extension questions.
- Topics for further research.
- Teacher version containing complete answers.
- Aligned to the Australian Year 9 Science curriculum.
- 6 pages.
- By the end of this worksheet students will be able to:
- ☑ Describe an electromagnetic wave.
- ☑ Describe the electromagnetic spectrum.
- ☑ List the different types of electromagnetic radiation.
- ☑ Distinguish between ionising and non-ionising radiation.
- ☑ Give examples of natural sources of the different types of electromagnetic radiation.
- ☑ Give examples of practical applications of the different types of electromagnetic radiation.
This resource is also included in the.