Electron Configuration (Elements 1-20) – Worksheet
Worksheet to accompany the lesson.
Click cover for full preview. Scroll down for product information.
- This worksheet covers:
- Electron shell-filling rules
- Drawing and writing electron configuration
- Unit outline.
- Cloze activity (fill in the blanks).
- Short-answer questions.
- Extension questions.
- Topics for further research.
- Teacher version containing complete answers.
- Aligned to the Australian Year 9 Science curriculum.
- 7 pages.
- By the end of this worksheet students will be able to:
- ☑ Describe how electrons are arranged in an atom.
- ☑ Describe how electron shells are labelled, including the valence shell.
- ☑ Describe the ‘rules’ that determine how electron shells are filled.
- ☑ Draw the electron configuration for the first 20 elements.
- ☑ Write the electron configuration of an element in abbreviated form.
This resource is also included in the.