Elements, Compounds and Mixtures – Worksheet
- This worksheet covers:
- Chemical bonds
- Pure substances
- Properties of pure substances and mixtures
- Separation of pure substances and mixtures
- Unit outline.
- Cloze activity (fill in the blanks).
- Short-answer questions.
- Extension questions.
- Topics for further research.
- Teacher version containing complete answers.
- Aligned to the Australian Year 8 Science curriculum.
- 10 pages.
- By the end of this worksheet students will be able to:
- ☑ Describe: a pure substance, a mixture; an element, a compound.
- ☑ Describe: an atom, a molecule, a chemical bond.
- ☑ Classify common substances as elements, compounds or mixtures.
- ☑ Distinguish elements, compounds and mixtures based on particle diagrams.
- ☑ Draw particle diagrams representing elements, compounds and mixtures.
- ☑ Compare mixtures and compounds formed from the same elements.
- ☑ Compare the separation of pure substances and mixtures.
This resource is also included in the.