Evolution – The Process – Worksheet
Worksheet to accompany the lesson.
Click cover for full preview. Scroll down for product information.
- This worksheet covers:
- Definition of evolution
- Charles Darwin and the theory of evolution by natural selection
- Key stages in the evolutionary process:
- Mutation and genetic variation
- Reproductive isolation
- Natural selection, genetic drift and new mutations
- Adaptive radiation
- Unit outline.
- Cloze activity (fill in the blanks).
- Short-answer questions.
- Extension questions.
- Topics for further research.
- Teacher version containing complete answers.
- Aligned to the Australian Year 10 Science curriculum.
- 5 pages.
- By the end of this worksheet students will be able to:
- ☑ Explain what is meant by the term ‘evolution’.
- ☑ Outline the key stages in the evolutionary process.
- ☑ Explain why genetic variation and reproductive isolation are required for the evolution of new species.
- ☑ Discuss the role of mutation, natural selection and genetic drift in evolution.
- ☑ Describe speciation and adaptive radiation.
- ☑ Interpret a phylogenetic tree.
This resource is also included in the.