Extraction of Metals – Worksheet
Worksheet to accompany the lesson.
Click cover for full preview. Scroll down for product information.
- This worksheet covers:
- Physical separation of native metals
- Carbon reduction
- Unit outline.
- Cloze activity (fill in the blanks).
- Short-answer questions.
- Extension questions.
- Topics for further research.
- Teacher version containing complete answers.
- Aligned to the Australian Year 10 Science curriculum.
- 6 pages.
- By the end of this worksheet students will be able to:
- ☑ Describe how the form in which a metal exists in nature is related to its reactivity.
- ☑ Describe how the method of extraction of a metal is related to its reactivity.
- ☑ Define a native metal and give examples of methods used to separate them.
- ☑ Describe the process of carbon reduction for extracting metals from ore.
- ☑ Describe the process of electrolysis for extracting metals from ore.
- ☑ Compare the energy requirements for native metal separation, carbon reduction and electrolysis.
- ☑ Give examples of metals extracted by the three main methods.
This resource is also included in the.