Filtration and Evaporation – Practical
Practical laboratory experiment using filtration and evaporation to separate a dry mixture of salt and sand.
- Students will develop skills in:
- Practical investigation.
- Using Bunsen burners.
- Students will learn:
- How to prepare filter paper for use in a glass funnel.
- How to filter heterogeneous mixtures.
- How to evaporate solutions to recover solute.
- How to identify filtrate and residue.
- Full prac report format, including discussion questions.
- Includes detailed teacher notes and answers.
- Aligned to the Australian Year 7 Science curriculum.
- 5 pages.
This resource is also included in the.