Heat Energy and Heat Transfer – Worksheet
Worksheet to accompany the lesson.
Click cover for full preview. Scroll down for product information.
- This worksheet covers:
- Kinetic energy
- Heat energy
- Heat transfer
- Conductors and insulators
- Convection and convection currents
- Transmission, reflection and absorption of infrared radiation
- Unit outline.
- Cloze activity (fill in the blanks).
- Short-answer questions.
- Extension questions.
- Topics for further research.
- Teacher version containing complete answers.
- Aligned to the Australian Year 9 Science curriculum.
- 8 pages.
- By the end of this worksheet students will be able to:
- ☑ Define heat energy and temperature in terms of kinetic energy of particles.
- ☑ Give examples of units used to measure heat energy and temperature.
- ☑ Define heat transfer and state the three ways it can occur.
- ☑ Describe conduction in terms of the particle model, with examples.
- ☑ Distinguish between thermal conductors and thermal insulators, with examples of each.
- ☑ Describe convection and convection currents in terms of the particle model, with examples.
- ☑ Describe how heat transfer can occur via radiation, with examples.
- ☑ Discuss how substances transmit, absorb and reflect infrared radiation differently.
This resource is also included in the.