Identifying Pure Substances and Mixtures – Practical
Practical experiment to accompany the lesson.
Click cover for full preview. Scroll down for product information.
Practical laboratory experiment (stations prac) identifying common substances as pure substances or mixtures (solutions, colloids or coarse mixtures).
- Students will develop skills in:
- Scientific observations.
- Practical investigation.
- Researching online.
- Students will learn:
- How to classify unknown substances as pure substances or mixtures.
- How to distinguish different types of mixtures.
- That classification requires close observation of macroscopic and microscopic properties.
- That simple tests are sometimes required to aid classification.
- The relative abundance of pure substances and mixtures.
- Full prac report format, including discussion questions.
- Includes detailed teacher notes and answers.
- Aligned to the Australian Year 7 Science curriculum.
- 6 pages.
This resource is also included in the.