Introduction to the Periodic Table – Worksheet
- This worksheet covers:
- The periodic table
- Periodic trends
- Unit outline.
- Cloze activity (fill in the blanks).
- Short-answer questions.
- Extension questions.
- Topics for further research.
- Teacher version containing complete answers.
- Aligned to the Australian Year 8 Science curriculum.
- 8 pages.
- By the end of this worksheet students will be able to:
- ☑ Locate elements on the periodic table.
- ☑ Determine the name and symbol of elements on the periodic table.
- ☑ Determine the atomic number of elements on the periodic table.
- ☑ Identify groups and periods on the periodic table.
- ☑ Identify solids, liquids and gases on the periodic table.
- ☑ Identify metals, non-metals and metalloids on the periodic table.
- ☑ State the names and symbols for the first 20 elements.
- ☑ Make inferences about properties of elements based on their group.
This resource is also included in the.