Investigating Chemical Reactions – Worksheet
- This worksheet covers:
- Energy and the breaking and forming of chemical bonds
- Exothermic and endothermic reactions
- Spontaneous and non-spontaneous reactions
- Combination reactions
- Decomposition reactions
- Displacement reactions
- Combustion reactions
- Testing for gases produced during chemical reactions:
- Hydrogen gas
- Oxygen gas
- Carbon dioxide gas
- Unit outline.
- Cloze activity (fill in the blanks).
- Short-answer questions.
- Extension questions.
- Topics for further research.
- Teacher version containing complete answers.
- Aligned to the Australian Year 8 Science curriculum.
- 7 pages.
- By the end of this worksheet students will be able to:
- ☑ Describe the rearrangement of atoms and molecules during chemical reactions.
- ☑ Explain why reactants and products of chemical reactions have the same mass.
- ☑ Explain why chemical bonds are broken and formed during chemical reactions.
- ☑ Describe energy changes in chemical reactions.
- ☑ Describe exothermic and endothermic chemical reactions.
- ☑ Describe spontaneous and non-spontaneous chemical reactions.
- ☑ Classify reactions as combination, decomposition, displacement or combustion.
- ☑ Describe tests for the presence of oxygen, hydrogen and carbon dioxide gas.
This resource is also included in the.