Ionic and Covalent Compounds – Worksheet
- This worksheet covers:
- Formation of ionic compounds
- Monatomic and polyatomic ions
- Formation of covalent compounds
- Single, double and triple bonds
- Naming ionic compounds
- Naming binary covalent compounds
- Unit outline.
- Cloze activity (fill in the blanks).
- Short-answer questions.
- Extension questions.
- Topics for further research.
- Teacher version containing complete answers.
- Aligned to the Australian Year 10 Science curriculum.
- 10 pages.
- By the end of this worksheet students will be able to:
- ☑ Distinguish between ionic and covalent compounds based on their names or formulas.
- ☑ Write the names of ionic compounds from their formulas.
- ☑ Write the formulas for ionic compounds from their names.
- ☑ Write the names of covalent compounds from their formulas.
- ☑ Write the formulas for covalent compounds from their names.
- ☑ Describe how metal and non-metal atoms combine to form ionic compounds, including the behaviour of electrons.
- ☑ Describe how non-metal atoms combine to form covalent compounds, including the behaviour of electrons.
- ☑ Draw structures for simple covalent compounds.
- ☑ Describe single, double and triple covalent bonds.
This resource is also included in the.