Magnetic Separation – Practical
Practical laboratory experiment using magnetism to separate a mixture of sand and iron filings.
- Students will develop skills in:
- Magnetic separation.
- Optimising experimental method.
- Coordinated group work.
- Students will learn:
- How mixtures containing magnetic materials can be separated using magnets.
- About the limitations of magnetic separation.
- Full prac report format, including discussion questions.
- Includes detailed teacher notes and answers.
- Aligned to the Australian Year 7 Science curriculum.
- 5 pages.
This resource is also included in the.