Mendelian Genetics – Worksheet
- This worksheet covers:
- Constructing Punnett squares for a monohybrid cross.
- Determining genotypes and phenotypes of F1 offspring.
- Determining genotypes and phenotypes of F2 offspring.
- The Mendelian ratio.
- Constructing Punnett squares for a test cross.
- Determining genotypes and phenotypes of offspring.
- Determining the phenotype of the parent with the dominant phenotype.
- Unit outline.
- Completing and interpreting Punnett squares.
- Short-answer questions.
- Teacher version containing complete answers.
- Aligned to the Australian Year 10 Science curriculum.
- 5 pages.
- By the end of this worksheet students will be able to:
- ☑ Define ‘pure breeding line’ and differentiate between cross-pollination and self-fertilisation.
- ☑ Construct Punnett squares for a monohybrid cross and state the genotypes and phenotypes of the F1 and F2 generations, including the Mendelian ratio.
- ☑ State Mendel’s conclusions and discuss how they contributed to our current understanding of heredity.
- ☑ Describe how a test cross can be used to determine the genotype of an individual with the dominant phenotype.
This resource is also included in the.