Naming Ions and Ionic Compounds – Worksheet
Worksheet to accompany the lesson.
Click cover for full preview. Scroll down for product information.
- This worksheet covers:
- Naming positive monatomic ions
- Naming negative monatomic ions
- Metals that form more than one type of ion
- Polyatomic ions and valency tables
- Naming ionic compounds
- Unit outline.
- Cloze activity (fill in the blanks).
- Table-completing questions.
- Short-answer questions.
- Teacher version containing complete answers.
- Aligned to the Australian Year 9 Science curriculum.
- 6 pages.
- By the end of this worksheet students will be able to:
- ☑ Name positive monatomic ions.
- ☑ Name negative monatomic ions.
- ☑ Give examples of metals that form more than one type of ion.
- ☑ Name the ions of metals which form more than one ion.
- ☑ Look up the names and formulas of polyatomic ions on a valency table.
- ☑ Determine the names of ionic compounds from their formulas.
This resource is also included in the.