Pedigree Charts – Worksheet
Worksheet to accompany the lesson.
Click cover for full preview. Scroll down for product information.
- This worksheet covers:
- Layout of pedigree charts
- Parents and children
- Representing individuals
- Males and females
- Unaffected, affected, carriers
- Determining relationships between individuals
- Constructing pedigree charts
- Determining genotypes of individuals
- Autosomal dominant inheritance
- Autosomal recessive inheritance
- X-linked dominant inheritance
- X-linked recessive inheritance
- Identifying patterns for different modes of inheritance
- Unit outline.
- Completing and interpreting pedigree charts.
- Short-answer questions.
- Extension questions.
- Teacher version containing complete answers.
- Aligned to the Australian Year 10 Science curriculum.
- 8 pages.
- By the end of this worksheet students will be able to:
- ☑ Explain the function of a pedigree chart.
- ☑ Describe the layout of a pedigree chart.
- ☑ Interpret symbols for individuals on a pedigree chart.
- ☑ Determine relationships between individuals on a pedigree chart.
- ☑ Construct a simple pedigree chart based on given information.
- ☑ Determine genotypes for individuals on pedigree charts showing different modes of inheritance.
- ☑ Determine or rule out the mode of inheritance shown by a pedigree chart.
This resource is also included in the.