Pure Substances and Mixtures – Worksheet
Worksheet to accompany the lesson.
Click cover for full preview. Scroll down for product information.
- This worksheet covers:
- Definition of matter
- Particles as building blocks of matter
- Classification of matter as either a pure substance or a mixture
- Definition of pure substance
- Definition of mixture
- Properties of pure substances
- Properties of mixtures
- Inseparability of pure substances
- Separability of mixtures
- Definition of heterogeneous and homogeneous composition
- Phases of heterogeneous and homogeneous mixtures
- Comparing macroscopic and microscopic appearance
- Classification of mixtures as coarse mixtures, colloids or solutions
- Properties of coarse mixtures
- Properties of colloids
- Properties of solutions
- Unit outline.
- Cloze activity (fill in the blanks).
- Short-answer questions.
- Extension questions.
- Topics for further research.
- Set of 14 flashcards covering key definitions.
- Teacher version containing complete answers.
- Aligned to the Australian Year 7 Science curriculum.
- 14 pages.
- By the end of this worksheet students will be able to:
- ☑ Define matter.
- ☑ Describe and distinguish between a pure substance and a mixture.
- ☑ Define homogeneous mixture and heterogeneous mixture.
- ☑ Identify and distinguish between homogeneous and heterogeneous mixtures.
- ☑ Distinguish between macroscopic and microscopic appearance.
- ☑ Define solution, colloid and coarse mixture.
- ☑ Identify and distinguish between solutions, colloids and coarse mixtures.
- ☑ Describe transparent and opaque appearance.
- ☑ Identify phases within heterogeneous mixtures.
- ☑ Research properties of common mixtures.
This resource is also included in the.