Radioactivity – Worksheet
Worksheet to accompany the lesson.
Click cover for full preview. Scroll down for product information.
- This worksheet covers:
- Unstable nuclei and radioisotopes
- Nuclear decay
- Alpha decay and alpha particles
- Beta decay and beta particles
- Gamma decay and gamma rays
- Half life
- Penetrating power
- Radiation dose
- Natural and man-made sources of radiation
- Unit outline.
- Cloze activity (fill in the blanks).
- Short-answer questions.
- Extension questions.
- Topics for further research.
- Teacher version containing complete answers.
- Aligned to the Australian Year 9 Science curriculum.
- 8 pages.
- By the end of this worksheet students will be able to:
- ☑ Explain why some isotopes undergo spontaneous nuclear decay.
- ☑ Describe alpha, beta and gamma decay.
- ☑ Predict the products of alpha, beta and gamma decay.
- ☑ Define transmutation and explain how it occurs.
- ☑ Define half life and perform half life calculations.
- ☑ Compare the penetrating power of alpha, beta and gamma radiation.
- ☑ Define radiation dose and give examples of natural and artificial sources of radiation.
This resource is also included in the.