Reflection and Mirrors – Worksheet
Worksheet to accompany the lesson.
Click cover for full preview. Scroll down for product information.
- This worksheet covers:
- Plane, concave and convex mirrors
- The law of reflection
- Reflection of light from plane, concave and convex mirrors
- Images formed by plane, concave and convex mirrors
- Properties of curved mirrors
- Mirror curvature and focal length
- Drawing ray diagrams
- Real images and virtual images
- Unit outline.
- Cloze activity (fill in the blanks).
- Short-answer questions.
- Extension questions.
- Topics for further research.
- Teacher version containing complete answers.
- Aligned to the Australian Year 9 Science curriculum.
- 10 pages.
- By the end of this worksheet students will be able to:
- ☑ Describe plane, concave and convex mirrors.
- ☑ Describe the law of reflection.
- ☑ Describe how light reflects off plane, concave and convex mirrors.
- ☑ Define focal point, focal length, principal axis, centre of curvature, radius of curvature and pole.
- ☑ Draw ray diagrams to determine the images produced by concave and convex mirrors.
- ☑ Differentiate between real and virtual images produced by mirrors.
This resource is also included in the.