Refraction and Lenses – Worksheet
Worksheet to accompany the lesson.
Click cover for full preview. Scroll down for product information.
- This worksheet covers:
- The refractive index
- The law of refraction (Snell’s law)
- Convex and concave lenses
- Refraction of light by convex and concave lenses
- Images formed by convex and concave lenses
- Lens curvature and focal length
- Lenses in the eye
- Properties of symmetrical lenses
- Drawing ray diagrams
- Real images and virtual images
- Unit outline.
- Cloze activity (fill in the blanks).
- Short-answer questions.
- Extension questions.
- Topics for further research.
- Teacher version containing complete answers.
- Aligned to the Australian Year 9 Science curriculum.
- 12 pages.
- By the end of this worksheet students will be able to:
- ☑ Explain refraction and describe the refractive index, using water and prisms as examples.
- ☑ Describe the law of refraction.
- ☑ Describe convex and concave lenses.
- ☑ Describe how light refracts through convex and concave lenses.
- ☑ Define focal point, focal length, principal axis, mid-plane and optical centre.
- ☑ Describe how lenses in the eye focus light.
- ☑ Differentiate between near-sightedness and far-sightedness and describe how they can be corrected with lenses.
- ☑ Draw ray diagrams to determine the images produced by convex and concave lenses.
- ☑ Differentiate between real and virtual images produced by lenses.
This resource is also included in the.