Sex-Linked Inheritance – Worksheet
Worksheet to accompany the lesson.
Click cover for full preview. Scroll down for product information.
- This worksheet covers:
- Sex-linked traits
- X-linked traits
- Y-linked traits
- Writing genotypes for sex-linked traits
- X-linked inheritance in males
- X-linked inheritance in females
- Y-linked inheritance in males
- Y-linked inheritance in females
- Unit outline.
- Cloze activity (fill in the blanks).
- Short-answer questions.
- Extension questions.
- Teacher version containing complete answers.
- Aligned to the Australian Year 10 Science curriculum.
- 6 pages.
- By the end of this worksheet students will be able to:
- ☑ Explain what a sex-linked trait is.
- ☑ Differentiate between X-linked traits and Y-linked traits.
- ☑ Define ‘hemizygous’.
- ☑ Write genotypes for sex-linked traits.
- ☑ Determine possible genotypes for X-linked and Y-linked traits in males and females.
- ☑ Predict phenotypes for X-linked and Y-linked traits in males and females.
- ☑ Compare sex-linked inheritance in males and females.
This resource is also included in the.