Solutions and Solubility – Worksheet
Worksheet to accompany the lesson.
Click cover for full preview. Scroll down for product information.
- This worksheet covers:
- Definition of solute
- Definition of solvent
- Definition of solution
- The process of dissolution (dissolving)
- Comparing properties of solute, solvent and solution
- Effect of solute on melting and boiling point
- Concentrated and dilute solutions
- Clear and coloured solutions
- Soluble and insoluble substances
- Comparing different solvents
- Definition of solubility
- Saturation point and saturated solutions
- Effect of temperature on solubility of solids
- Effect of temperature on solubility of gases
- Effect of pressure on solubility of solids
- Effect of pressure on solubility of gases
- Supersaturated solutions
- Types of solid solutions
- Types of liquid solutions
- Types of gas solutions
- Unit outline.
- Cloze activity (fill in the blanks).
- Short-answer questions.
- Extension questions.
- Topics for further research.
- Set of 11 flashcards covering key definitions.
- Teacher version containing complete answers.
- Aligned to the Australian Year 7 Science curriculum.
- 13 pages.
- By the end of this worksheet students will be able to:
- ☑ Define solute, solvent and solution.
- ☑ Distinguish between the terms soluble and insoluble.
- ☑ Distinguish between the terms concentrated and dilute.
- ☑ Define solubility and saturation point.
- ☑ Describe saturated and supersaturated solutions.
- ☑ Identify the solute and solvent in common solutions.
- ☑ Explaining the process of dissolving.
- ☑ Explain that solubility depends on the type of solvent.
- ☑ Link intensity of coloured solutions to concentration.
- ☑ Identify how changes in solute and solvent proportions affect concentration.
- ☑ Describe how changes in solute and solvent amounts affect saturated solutions.
- ☑ Describe how changes in temperature affect saturation point.
- ☑ Explain how changes in temperature affect solubility of solids.
- ☑ Explain how changes in pressure affect solubility of solids.
- ☑ Explain how changes in temperature affect solubility of gases.
- ☑ Explain how changes in pressure affect solubility of gases.
- ☑ Interpret solubility data from graphs and tables.
This resource is also included in the.