The Bunsen Burner – Worksheet
Worksheet to accompany the lesson.
Click cover for full preview. Scroll down for product information.
- This worksheet covers:
- Parts of a Bunsen burner:
- Air hole
- Gas inlet
- Rubber hose
- Yellow safety flame
- Blue heating flame
- Role of the collar
- Comparing the yellow and blue flames
- Procedure for lighting a Bunsen burner
- Safety rules when using a Bunsen burner
- Topic outline.
- Labelling and drawing questions.
- Short-answer questions.
- Two sets of flashcards covering parts of the Bunsen burner and steps for lighting a Bunsen burner.
- Bunsen burner licence test.
- Bunsen burner licences.
- Teacher version containing complete answers.
- Aligned to the Australian Year 7 Science curriculum.
- 7 pages.
- By the end of this worksheet students will be able to:
- ☑ Identify the different parts of a Bunsen burner – base, barrel, air hole, collar, gas inlet and rubber hose.
- ☑ Describe the procedure for safely lighting a Bunsen burner.
- ☑ Describe key safety rules when using a Bunsen burner.
- ☑ Explain the difference between the blue flame and the yellow flame.
- ☑ Identify the hottest part of a blue flame.
- ☑ Describe how to adjust a Bunsen burner flame.
- ☑ Describe how to extinguish a Bunsen burner flame.
This resource is also included in the.