The Periodic Table – Worksheet
Worksheet to accompany the lesson.
Click cover for full preview. Scroll down for product information.
- This worksheet covers:
- Atomic number
- Groups and periods of the periodic table
- Electron configuration and the periodic table
- Period number and electron shells
- Group number and valence electrons
- Groups and formation of ions
- Trends in atomic size and chemical reactivity
- Alkali metals and alkaline earth metals
- Transition metals and post-transition metals
- Noble gases
- Unit outline.
- Cloze activity (fill in the blanks).
- Short-answer questions.
- Extension questions.
- Topics for further research.
- Teacher version containing complete answers.
- Aligned to the Australian Year 10 Science curriculum.
- 9 pages.
- By the end of this worksheet students will be able to:
- ☑ Describe and explain the general layout of the periodic table.
- ☑ Identify groups and periods on the periodic table.
- ☑ Identify particular groupings on the periodic table, including alkali metals, alkaline earth metals, transition metals, halogens and noble gases.
- ☑ Describe general proper-ties of different groups of the periodic table.
- ☑ Describe the relationship between electron configuration and location on the periodic table.
- ☑ Describe periodic trends in atom size and chemical reactivity.
This resource is also included in the.