Waves – Worksheet
Worksheet to accompany the lesson.
Click cover for full preview. Scroll down for product information.
- This worksheet covers:
- Definition of a wave
- Mechanical and electromagnetic waves
- Transverse, longitudinal and surface waves
- Generation of waves
- Frequency, wavelength, amplitude and velocity
- Graphical representations of waves
- Mathematical relationship between frequency, wavelength and velocity
- Unit outline.
- Cloze activity (fill in the blanks).
- Short-answer questions.
- Extension questions.
- Topics for further research.
- Teacher version containing complete answers.
- Aligned to the Australian Year 9 Science curriculum.
- 8 pages.
- By the end of this worksheet students will be able to:
- ☑ Define what a wave is.
- ☑ Distinguish between mechanical and electromagnetic waves.
- ☑ Describe transverse, longitudinal and surface wave motion.
- ☑ Describe how waves are generated.
- ☑ Define frequency, wavelength, amplitude and velocity.
- ☑ Draw and interpret graphical representations of wave motion.
- ☑ Describe the mathematical relationship between a wave’s frequency, wavelength and velocity.
This resource is also included in the.