Push, Pull and Twist Forces
- Forces can be classified as either a push, a pull or a twist.
- A push force causes an object to move away from the source of the force.
- A bench press involves pushing a barbell away from your body.
- A pull force causes an object to move towards the source of the force.
- Dragging a suitcase behind you involves a pull force
- A twist force is a combination of a push and a pull. It causes an object to rotate around a fixed point.
- Turning a steering wheel involves a twist force.
Forces can be classified as push, pull or twist forces.
(Images: AntonioDiaz, Adobe Stock; Viacheslav Lakobchuk, Adobe Stock; RawPixel)