In this lesson we will revise the classification of matter and atomic structure.
By the end of this lesson you will be able to:
- Distinguish between pure substances and mixtures.
- Distinguish between elements and compounds.
- Describe the arrangement of atoms in pure substances.
- Describe the subatomic structure of atoms, including protons, neutrons and electrons.
- Define atomic number and mass number, and explain what isotopes are.
- Describe the configuration of electrons for the first 20 elements.
(Image: vchalup, Adobe Stock)