Year 9 Online Course Bundle – Class Subscription
Online Courses for Year 9 Science (Australian Curriculum)
Includes the following courses:
Year 9 Chemistry
Year 9 Biology
Year 9 Physics
Select this subscription option to enrol a group of students.
To enrol individual students, please select the individual subscription option.
Please note, the person logged in while purchasing a class course subscription is the person who becomes the group leader. Therefore, if you are purchasing a subscription for someone else (eg, a head of department or school administrator purchasing a subscription for another teacher) please make the purchase while logged in as that teacher.
If that teacher is not yet registered, please register them here before purchasing (you will need to be logged out to register them).
If you are ordering for multiple classes and would prefer to pay by school purchase order and have the class groups set up for you, please contact [email protected] to arrange this.
Price is per student.
Set the number of students you wish to enrol and enter a group name below as a unique class identifier,
eg ‘ABC College, Mr Smith, Year 9 Science’
Scroll down for detailed product information.
Click on the links below to view free sample lessons:
About the Year 9 Online Course
Purchase of the Year 9 Online Science Course Bundle gives access to the following courses for one year:
Each course consists of high-quality, in-depth lessons broken up into several topics.
Students can test their understanding with self-marking quizzes at the end of each topic.
- The Chemistry course contains 179 quiz questions in total.
- The Biology course contains 177 quiz questions in total.
- The Physics course contains 190 quiz questions in total.
- Atoms in Elements and Compounds
- Structure of Atoms
- Atomic Number, Mass Number and Isotopes
- Electron Configuration (Elements 1-20)
- Formation of Ions and Ionic Compounds
- Naming Ions and Ionic Compounds
- Determining the Formula for Ionic Compounds
- Writing Balanced Chemical Equations
- Acids, Bases and pH
- Acid-Base Reactions
- Acid-Metal Reactions
- Combustion and Corrosion
- Respiration and Photosynthesis
- Human Body Systems
- The Nervous System
- The Endocrine System
- Microorganisms and Disease
- Organisms and their Environment
- Ecological Interactions Between Organisms
- Energy Flow and Nutrient Cycling
- Changes to Ecosystems
- Electromagnetic Radiation
- The Visible Light Spectrum and Colour
- Reflection and Mirrors
- Refraction and Lenses
- Sound Waves
- Heat Energy and Heat Transfer
- Introduction to Electricity
- Electric Circuits and Circuit Diagrams
- Measuring Electricity – Voltage and Current
- Electrical Resistance and Ohm’s Law
Coverage of the Australian Curriculum
Year 9 Chemistry – Science Understanding
All matter is made of atoms that are composed of protons, neutrons and electrons; natural radioactivity arises from the decay of nuclei in atoms (ACSSU177).
Chemical reactions involve rearranging atoms to form new substances; during a chemical reaction mass is not created or destroyed (ACSSU178).
Chemical reactions, including combustion and the reactions of acids, are important in both non-living and living systems and involve energy transfer (ACSSU179).
Year 9 Biology – Science Understanding
Multi-cellular organisms rely on coordinated and interdependent internal systems to respond to changes to their environment (ACSSU175).
Ecosystems consist of communities of interdependent organisms and abiotic components of the environment; matter and energy flow through these systems (ACSSU176).
Year 9 Physics – Science Understanding
Energy transfer through different mediums can be explained using wave and particle models (ACSSU182).